Fun facts about K-pop idols commonly attract their true fans. Now, who doesn’t know Blackpink? With their smashing performances and records, the band members Rose, Jisoo, Jennie, and Lisa have taken the world by storm including Indonesia.
The South Korean quartet is not only highlighted for their beauties and sense of fashion but also for their hobbies and favorite things. Blackpink’s visual Jisoo, for example, is known for her love of flowers, especially the Lily of the valley. This came for one simple reason: her mom liked it first.
Quoting solotrust.com, in her latest photoshoot with W Korea, Jisoo was surrounded by Lily of the valley. The bloom has been her favorite since she was a little girl.
“I remember when I was young, my mom clearly loved the Lily of the valley. You know, kids do everything others do. So I liked what my mom liked. I inherited it, the flower she liked,” Jisoo said.
About the Lily of the Valley
Quoting Florgeous.com, Lily of the valley is often associated with traditional feminine values like chastity, motherhood, sweetness, and purity. Moreover, it is popular to symbolize rebirth and humility.
Many people believe that Lily of the valley can bring luck in love and signifies the return of happiness. This elegant bloom also becomes a favorite of royal brides, as in the wedding of Lady Diana, Kate Middleton, Queen Victoria, and Grace Kelly.
Lily of the valley has bell-shaped flowers and tiny white petals. It is generally found in countries with four seasons, especially the United Kingdom.
Many see the flower as a symbol of purity and ray of happiness. Although some of the flowers have a slightly reddish color and pattern, the original color of the petals is white and part of the petals is 5 to 7 mm in diameter.
Its sweet and beautiful shape is said to contain poison, but hold on. Lily of the valley can be fatal to humans if ingested excessively. The signs and symptoms of the plant poisoning may include nausea, itching in the mouth area, vomiting, and diarrhea.
How to Plant Lily of the Valley
Just like other ornamental plants, planting the Lily of the valley is also quite practical. Quoting Ilmubudidaya.com, following are the steps of the planting.
1. Location for Planting
First, you have to set the location for planting the flower. Lily of the valley is a seasonal flower that will thrive in an area with four different types of climate. The soil for planting must be fertile and contains lots of nutrients.
Better plant this delicate flower in sunny areas. Although Lily of the valley can still tolerate direct sunlight the whole day, it also needs some shaded spots.
When you want to grow Lily of the valley using seeds, here are the steps you have to do. First find the right seeds to grow. Then prepare planting media, such as soil, husk charcoal, and compost. Plant the flower seeds in the planting media and make a distance between the seeds. Do not forget to water regularly but do not get too humid. Watch for the growth of the seedling.
3. Planting with Tubers
Make sure the tuber has grown and can be separated from the parent plant. If it already exists then you can immediately do the separation as described below:
a. Loosen the planting media and gently pull out the Lily of the valley tubers.
b. Carefully discard the planting media that is still attached.
c. Clean and water the tubers.
d. Separate each tuber which can later become new seeds.
4. Planting Lily of the Valley
We can do the planting if the seeds have germinated with a height of 3 to 4 cm.
Here’s how to grow Lily of the Valley:
1. Prepare the planting media such as a mixture of soil and compost in a ratio of 1: 1.
2. Prepare the seeds along with the soil, containers, and planting media.
3. If you plant the seeds directly in the ground, you can immediately clean the soil, loosen it and make holes with a gap of 5 to 10 cm per seed.
4. Do not forget to remove the debris of other plants that may interfere with the growth of the Lily of the valley.
5. Plant the seeds with a low sunlight exposure, as in the morning or in the afternoon. This is a precaution against the seeds that may easily wither and dry out.
6. Fill half of the hole with soil and then leave the rest for planting the Lily of the valley seeds.
7. Plant the seeds after making holes.
8. Put the seeds in half the holes and refill with planting media.
9. Do regular watering, weed removal, and fertilization.
10. You better move the seeds to be planted in the morning or evening.
11. Place the plant in a cool area that is still exposed to direct sunlight.
How to Nurse Lily of the Valley Plant
The way we nurse Lily of the valley is actually the same with how to grow sunflowers and other ornamental flowers that do not really require specific care. However, in order for this plant to grow properly, you have to keep taking care of it.
Actually, Lily of the valley is a flowering plant that is very adaptable to new environments and does not require special care.
Just like other ornamental plants, it should be cleaned regularly from any kind of weeds and watered frequently.